Study Guide for Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 6th Edition
Reinforce your understanding of basic nursing concepts and skills! Corresponding to the chapters in Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 6th Edition, this study guide provides the review and practice you need to master essential LPN/LVN knowledge. Engaging exercises and questions help you learn to apply the nursing process, set priorities, practice critical thinking, make good decisions, and communicate effectively. With this practical review, you will get more out of your textbook and prepare for success on the Next Generation NCLEX-PN® exam.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated exercises reflect content in the new edition of the Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing textbook.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Next Generation NCLEX Exam-style questions are included in every chapter, reflecting the Clinical Judgment Measurement Model, and include each of the five new approved question types: enhanced hotspot, cloze (drop down), matrix, extended multiple-response, and extended drag-and-drop question types.
- Review Questions for the NCLEX-PN® Examination let you practice for the exam with multiple-choice and alternate item format questions based on real-life situations.
- Word Attack Skills offer practice in pronouncing difficult terms and phrases, with emphasis on stress and intonation.
- Clinical Situations use realistic sample practice situations to stimulate critical thinking, clinical judgment, and practical application of nursing concepts.
- Critical Thinking Activities provide nursing scenarios and questions to help build your problem-solving skills.
- Developing Clinical Judgment activities help you meet the clinical practice objectives of the corresponding chapter.
- Communication Exercises let you practice using realistic nurse-patient dialogues, and are especially useful when paired with a partner.
- Cultural Points summarize issues and ask questions about customs that may differ across the cultures found in patient communities.
- Grammar Points exercises offer a refresher on common grammatical errors, such as the use of the past tense in taking case histories.
- Completion exercises boost your vocabulary by offering more opportunities to use key terms.
- Priority Setting questions ask you to rank tasks in order of importance.
- Short answer, identification, multiple-choice, and matching questions test and reinforce your knowledge of concepts conveyed in the text.
- Application of the Nursing Process questions ask you to use critical thinking skills and apply the steps of the nursing process to real-life patient care.
- Review of structure and function of the human body helps you remember what you learned in previous classes and how it applies to nursing.