Mental Health A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition
This highly valued quick reference guide returns in its fourth edition to provide practical and helpful strategies for responding effectively to those in crisis.
Mental Health: A pocket guide delivers a comprehensive overview of the relevant concepts vital to contemporary mental health care. With a clear focus on the consumer, it covers the issues faced by people living with mental illness, as well as best practice approaches for primary health, first responders and multidisciplinary health care professionals.
New to this edition
- Increased consumer focus
- New chapter on trauma-informed practice and care
- New focus on loss and grief (including loss of employment, relationships, COVID and climate-related events)
- Increased focus on self-care, self-awareness and support strategies
- Greater emphasis on cultural awareness and working across the lifespan
- Practical strategies for commonly encountered situations
- Easy to access information presented in bullet point and table format
- A recovery and person-centred care approach throughout
- Case studies
- Guidance on medications, assessment tools and terminology
- An eBook included in all print purchases