Health Visiting, 3rd Edition
This popular book encompasses contemporary theory and practice relevant to effective health visiting across all four nations of the United Kingdom, now and into the future.
Now in its third edition, the text has been completely rewritten and updated by new editors Patricia Burrows and Jean Cowie to reflect the many changes that have occurred as health visiting practice evolves. These include a strong focus on parental and child emotional and mental health wellbeing; speech, language and communication development for children; the impact of trauma and adverse childhood experiences; and the relevance of technology to health visiting practice.
The book is strongly grounded in evidence and is suitable both for student health visitors as well as qualified practitioners wishing to further their practice and academic development.
- Written by experts in their field and evidence-based throughout
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of health visiting to reflect the growing role of the health visitor
- New practical focus on skills such as child assessment and effective communication
- Case studies and practice examples to relate theory to practice
- ‘Thinking spaces’ that enable practice reflection