Clinical Surgery, 4th Edition
Clinical Surgery provides a complete overview of all surgical specialties, and is suitable for advanced undergraduates through to surgical trainees preparing for the FRCS.
This comprehensive textbook is designed around the Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Programme (ISCP) framework, and provides information needed for passing MCQs, OSCEs and Vivas in the one book. Information is divided into three clear sections: basic science and surgical strategy; common surgical conditions and trauma; and leadership, evidence-based practice and global surgery.
This fourth edition has been fully updated and restructured by a new editorial team. Older concepts have been replaced by a new focus on systems biology, omics sciences and multidisciplinary sciences, and the book presents a modern, inclusive view of the surgeon as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality care.
New to this edition
- Entirely revised to follow the Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum (ISC)
- New focus on prevention of surgical disease
- Introduction of sections on surgical safety and quality improvement
- New sections on the elderly surgical patients, the dying patient and surgical technology
- Comprehensive and accessible – all you need in the one book
- Information presented logically and clearly in three clear sections
- Aligns with the ISCP – designed for surgical trainees
- Highly illustrated to support understanding
- Detailed practice information and summaries of complex themes to aid with preparation for exams
- Practical steps designed to facilitate procedural based learning and OSCEs