Travel Medicine, 4th Edition
Today’s travel medicine includes not only tourism and business travelers, but also incorporates volunteerism, medical care, migration, ecotourism, and more. Travel Medicine, 4th Edition, reflects all of these changes in the field while keeping you up to date with new vaccines and newly proposed regimens, pre-travel advice and post-travel screening, and all travel-related illnesses – for a one-stop, authoritative reference on all aspects of travel medicine.
- Includes new chapters to assist your care of specific populations such as those engaging in ecotourism or military travel, as well as the VIP traveler. A new chapter on pre-travel considerations for non-vaccine preventable travel infections has also been added.
- Provides new information on new influenza and shingles vaccines, microbiome and drug resistance, Zika and the pregnant or breastfeeding traveler, the Viagra effect and increase in STIs, refugees and immigrants, and much more.
- Covers new methods of prevention of dengue virus, Zika virus, chikungunya virus, Middle Eastern respiratory syndrome, sleeping sickness, and avian flu.
- New illustrations and numerous new tables and boxes provide visual guidance and make reference quick and easy.
- Helps you prepare for the travel medicine examination with convenient cross references to the ISTM "body of knowledge" in specific chapters and/or passages in the book.
- Keeps you updated on remote destinations and the unique perils they present.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.