The Unofficial Guide to Medical and Surgical Emergencies, 1st Edition
The unique and award-winning Unofficial Guides series is a collaboration between senior students, junior doctors and specialty experts. This combination of contributors understands what is essential to excel on your course, in exams and in practice – as well as the importance of presenting information in a clear, fun and engaging way. Packed with hints and tips from those in the know, when you are in a hurry and need a study companion you can trust, reach for an Unofficial Guide.
The Unofficial Guide Medical and Surgical Emergencies offers a collection of common clinical emergency scenarios. It walks you through the practical steps of the decision-making process, from taking a referral through to making a management plan and prescribing – all designed to ensure safe and best practice.
With plenty of tips to support your clinical reasoning, real time examples, and a focus on initial management before a diagnosis is clear, this book is ideal for medical students as well as junior doctors wanting a quick reference guide or revision aid.
- Clear, simple, practical tips for managing common emergency scenarios
- Describes patient management through real time thought processes of a doctor making decisions
- Key clinical and prescribing tips to improve safety
- Covers a wide range of cases, including fluid prescriptions, interpreting blood test results and acute management of emergencies
- Covers practical essentials such as clerking, effective communication and handover tips
- High quality images to illustrate important clinical findings