The Opioid Epidemic and Infectious Diseases, 1st Edition
Offering timely guidance on the junction of the opioid crisis and infectious diseases, this practical handbook by Dr. Brianna L. Norton provides concise yet comprehensive coverage of a growing patient population. Infectious disease specialists are increasingly seeing patients who previously used opiods and now use intravenous drugs. Many challenges are unique to this patient population, including new and growing infections such as hepatitis C, endocarditis, HIV, and hepatitis B. The Opioid Epidemic and Infectious Diseases is an up-to-date, real-world guide that covers the scope of the problem, management guidelines, and much more.
- Describes the new landscape of the opioid crisis in the U.S. and its intersection with infectious diseases, including epidemiology, Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and rural America, and more.
- Offers practical guidance on (OUD) and infectious co-morbidities like hepatitis C, STDs, endocarditis, HIV, and hepatitis B.
- Covers prevention, treatment, and harm reduction.
- Discusses OUD, infectious diseases, and the criminal justice system.
- Consolidates today’s available information and guidance into a single, convenient resource.