The Human Body in Health & Disease - Softcover - Binder Ready, 8th Edition
Completely revised and updated, The Human Body in Health & Disease, 8th Edition makes it easier to understand how the body works, both in typical conditions and when things change. Its easy-to-read writing style, more than 500 full-color illustrations, and unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies keep you focused on the principles of anatomy, physiology, and pathology. Key features are Connect It! with bonus online content, concept maps with flow charts to simplify complex topics, and chapter objectives and active learning sections. From noted educator Kevin Patton, this book presents A&P in a way that lets you know and understand what is important.
- More than 500 full-color photographs and drawings illustrate the most current scientific knowledge and bring difficult concepts to life. The beautifully rendered illustrations are unified by a consistent color key and represent a diversity of human identity.
- A conversational writing style is paired with "chunked" content, making it easy to read and comprehend.
- UNIQUE! Creative page design uses color backgrounds to organize information in a more inviting, accessible, and motivating way to enhance learning.
- UNIQUE! The full-color, semi-transparent Clear View of the Human Body permits the on-demand virtual dissection of typical male and female human bodies along several body planes. This 22-page insert contains a series of transparencies that allows you to peel back the layers of the body anterior-to-posterior and posterior-to-anterior.
- Language of Science/Language of Medicine word lists at the beginning of chapters present key terms, pronunciations, and word-part translations to help you become familiar with new and complex terminology.
- Animation Direct feature throughout the text guides you to state-of-the-art animations on the companion Evolve website to provide dynamic visual explanations of key concepts.
- Active Concept Maps offer animated, narrated walk-throughs of concept maps to clarify the text narrative and provide you with clear examples of how to build your own concept maps.