Statistics for Nursing Research, 4th Edition
Get the review and practice you need to critically appraise the statistical methods used in published research! Statistics for Nursing Research, 4th Edition helps you understand and interpret statistical methods, sampling and measurement techniques, and statistical analysis techniques. This unique and practical workbook is divided into two parts to differentiate between basic and advanced statistical methods, with dozens of hands-on exercises that will help you practice working with the statistical methods needed for building an evidence-based practice. This workbook is an indispensable resource for any nursing student or practicing nurse wishing to gain competency in conducting statistical analyses.
New to this edition
- NEW! More than half of the research articles in Part 1 are new, ensuring that exercises are based on the most current, clinically applicable published studies.
- NEW! Enhanced interactive online functionality of the Questions for Further Application for each chapter allows you to save your work and complete the exercises at a later time before submitting work to your instructor for grading.
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on diversity and inclusion features representation of diverse authors and research foci in selected published articles.
- NEW! Two new exercises are added to this edition: a unique Handling Missing Data exercise and a Calculating the Mann-Whitney U Test exercise.
- NEW! VST eBook version of this title is a fully interactive eBook for the first time.
- NEW! Supplemental video tutorials by Dr. Cipher on the Evolve website provide valuable reinforcement that is especially helpful for visual and auditory learners.
- Comprehensive coverage of basic statistical methods includes extensive practice with the most common techniques of sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis seen in nursing and health sciences literature.
- Literature-based approach uses key excerpts from published studies to reinforce learning through practical application.
- 38 sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis exercises provide a practical review of both basic and advanced statistical techniques.
- Study Questions in each chapter help you examine a statistical technique and apply concepts to an actual literature appraisal.
- Online submission of answers for Questions for Further Application allows you to complete exercises in a web-based format and then submit completed exercises to your instructor via email for grading.
- Consistent format for all chapters enhances learning and enables quick review.