Specialty Imaging: PET, 1st Edition
The first text to offer complete, diagnosis-centered guidance on the effective use of emerging PET technology, Specialty Imaging: PET is a one-stop resource, expertly tailored to your decision support needs at the point of care. This accessible reference covers everything you need to know about the key role of PET in the complex field of precision medicine in areas including oncology, cardiac, infection and inflammation, vascular, breast, neurological, musculoskeletal, gastrointestinal, neuroendocrine, and many other specialties. With a practical, clinically oriented focus, it brings you fully up-to-date with research-based information on PET and how PET has resulted in radically new treatment approaches based on an immediate and molecular response to therapy.
- Features 1,600 high-quality images with captions and annotations for interpretive guidance, with illustrations including PET, with correlative CT and MR images depicting radiologic imaging findings
- Presents all diagnoses consistently, using a highly templated format with bulleted text for quick, easy reference
- Includes chapters in expert interpretation, artifacts, and common pitfalls
- Provides a wide range of essential information such as oncologic PET diagnoses with staging tables and reporting tips; cardiac PET indications including stress tests, cardiac viability, and sarcoidosis; CNS PET indications including dementia, epilepsy, and oncology; and educational, illustrated PET cases including correlative CT and MR
- Covers PET physics and instrumentation and current clinical and emerging PET radiotracers in table format
- Ideal for clinicians who care for cancer patients (nuclear medicine radiologists, radiation oncologists, oncologists, oncology surgeons, and trainees in nuclear medicine and oncology), as well as those who interpret PET for a wide variety of indications
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.