Spanish and the Medical Interview, 2nd Edition
Focusing on communication needs in real-world clinical situations, Dr. Pilar Ortega’s updated edition of this practical text helps you address today’s growing demand for Spanish-speaking physicians and healthcare workers. This pocket-sized resource provides basic Spanish skills, sample interview questions, relevant cultural information, and more, in addition to online videos of physician-patient interactions, interactive self-assessment tools, and clinical vignettes. You’ll find exactly what you need to develop better physician-patient communication skills, increase your cultural competence, and make better clinical decisions in your practice.
New to this edition
- Improve your skills with new and expanded content including more practice exercises for self-assessment, information on cultural issues, grammar tips and practice, complex clinical scenarios, and how to best use interpreters in your practice.
- Stay up to date with new chapters on pediatric health; common procedures and informed consent; the physician’s impression and plan; diabetes medication; travel history and special exposures; adult immunization history; exercise and adult health safety screening; and specialized physical examination.
- Gauge and hone your doctor-patient communication skills with interactive self-assessment tools and practice exercises.
- Watch video of real-time physician-patient exchanges (with English and Spanish subtitles), complete interactive practice exercises, and learn from clinical vignettes—all online at Student Consult.
- eBook version included! Access the entire book online or offline across all devices with the Student Consult eBook.
- Understand the nuts and bolts of better communication through Spanish grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, sample interview questions, and helpful interview techniques.
- Pocket size allows for quick reference in an easily accessible format.