Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook, 10th Edition
Get a quick reference to the interviewing and physical examination techniques and procedures covered in the Seidel textbook with this handy guide! Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook: An Interprofessional Approach, 10th Edition uses step-by-step guidelines to make exam procedures easier to review and recall. Overviews of the entire health history and physical exam address the full lifespan, from infants, children, and adolescents to older adults. Written by the same interprofessional team of advanced practice nurses and physicians as Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, chapters in the handbook correspond to the chapters in the textbook. It’s ideal for use in clinicals and in daily practice!
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content throughout the book corresponds to the updated clinical content, features, and emphases of Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, 10th Edition.
- NEW chapter on care of transgender and gender-diverse patients provides need-to-know content to help you care for the needs of this underserved patient population.
- Two-column Examination sections provide a quick, reliable reference to key exam steps, along with expected and unexpected findings.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, furnishing you with clues for identifying symptoms and diagnosing patient problems.
- Color-coded Pediatric Variations tables provide a convenient resource on differences in findings as well as developmental considerations for pediatric patients.
- Sample Documentation sections in body systems chapters promote concise yet thorough examples of patient charting for each system exam, applicable both to traditional charting and electronic health records.
- More than 200 full-color illustrations of anatomy and physiology, examination procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual reference to performing exams and to anticipated and unanticipated findings.