Real World Nursing Survival Guide: IV Therapy, 1st Edition
- Narrows the gap between the facts learned in school and the wisdom that nurses need to survive in the real world.
- Material is presented in a clear and entertaining way by using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage nursing students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- Consistent headings divide information into manageable units and reinforce a logical learning strategy.
- Icons for lifespan considerations, cultural implications, web links, caution/danger, and calculations help the reader identify special content in the chapter.
- Memory-reinforcing mnemonic devices and a variety of interactive activities promote learning.
- Clinical terms and shorthand expressions are highlighted in parentheses and another color after the layperson's explanation expose students to terminology that they will hear in the hospital setting.
- Boxed "Take Home Points" offer succinct points of advice that reflect years of nursing experience that students can use to prepare for their clinical rotation.
- A full-color insert illustrates concepts and principles of IV therapy, including illustrations of various complications.
- NCLEX-style questions are referenced by chapter and provided in a convenient 2-column format with answers and rationales that can be covered with a flap on the back cover.
- Features original cartoon illustrations and a theme monkey cartoon character that walks the student through difficult subjects with a light-hearted, engaging approach to learning.
- Separate chapters on pediatric and older adult patients discuss important age-related considerations associated with IV therapy.
- Includes a chapter on one of the fastest growing fields in nursing — community care — and how it affects nurses, patients requiring IV therapy, and their caretakers.