Pulmonary Rehabilitation, 4th Edition
New to this edition
- New chapters covering new advances and discoveries in respiratory care:
- Systemic Effects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders
- Complementary Alternative Medicine for Patients with Chronic Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
- Management of and Reimbursement for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Exercise and Pulmonary Hypertension
- New and revised illustrations and photographs.
- Expanded coverage of patients with respiratory diseases other than COPD as well as pediatric pulmonary patients.
- New and revised pedagogy including chapter outlines and updated objectives
- Enhanced chapters
- Addresses the latest research and reports including The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) report recommending pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Information on existing techniques and procedures is expanded and updated in chapters on lung transplantation, functional performance assessment and training, and the management of pulmonary rehabilitation services.
- Illustrations, photographs, tables, and boxes address new and important information, reinforcing and simplifying the material.
- A hard cover and portable size offer durability and convenience.
- Reader-friendly features in each chapter include an outline, professional skills objectives, and a summary, allowing easy access to content and highlighting important concepts and ideas.