Psychology and Sociology Applied to Medicine, 4th Edition
Now in its fourth edition, this definitive and popular introduction to human behaviour in the context of health and illness includes three new chapters, many new contributors and a new co-editor.
It is arranged in nine sections to cover the core concepts of psychology and sociology as they apply to medicine.
- The life cycle
- Development of the person
- Society and health
- Preventing illness and promoting health
- Illness, behaviour and the doctor-patient encounter
- Illness and disability
- Coping with illness and disability
- Hoe do health services work
- How do you fit into all this?
New to this edition
- 48 new contributors
- New co-editor, Gerry Humphris
- 3 new chapters:
Malnutrition and obesity
Urban nature health and well-being
- Topics presented as self-contained double-page spreads.
- Cases throughout to reinforce understanding of important concepts.
- Boxes and discussion points throughout.
- The authors comprise psychologists, sociologists and doctors.
- Highly illustrated