This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. The 3rd edition of this popular text covers all aspects of continence, focusing on continence promotion and measurement of outcomes. The core chapters follow a standard structure for ease of use, and case studies are used throughout to link theory to practice.
New to this edition
• a website providing practical documentation along with downloadable charts and examples of continuing professional development activities• a new chapter on vulnerable groups, including the frail elderly, and mental health and neurological problems• points for continuing professional development at end of every chapter• research evidence to guide practice.
- contains the latest developments in continence treatment
- incorporates the most recent NHS guidelines on continence management and current legislation
- includes international perspectives
- provides a resource for practitioners caring for all client groups in the community and hospital environments
By Kathryn Getliffe, BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD, RGN, DN, PGCEA, Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing & Midwifery, and Associate Dean Graduate School, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK and Mary Dolman, BSc(Nurs), RGN, ET, NB978, ResCert, CounsCert, Independent Nurse Specialist, Continence and Stoma Care, Bath, UK