Primary Care for the Physical Therapist, 3rd Edition
Specifically designed to address the expanding role of physical therapists in primary care, Primary Care for the Physical Therapist: Examination and Triage, 3rd Edition covers all the information and skills you need to be successful in the field. Updated content throughout the text helps you stay up to date on the best practices involving patient examination, medical screening, patient management, and communication. This new third edition also features a new chapter on electrodiagnostic testing, a new chapter on patients with a history of trauma, and updated information on how to screen and examine the healthy population. It’s a must-have resource for any physical therapist wanting to obtain the technical expertise and clinical decision-making abilities to meet the challenges of a changing profession.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content throughout the text reflects the current state of primary care and physical therapy practice.
- NEW! New chapter on electrodiagnostic testing helps familiarize physical therapists with indications for electrodiagnostic testing and implications of test results to their clinical decision-making.
- NEW! New chapter on patients with a history of trauma emphasizes the red flags that physical therapists need to recognize for timely patient referral for appropriate tests.
- NEW! Updated information on how to screen and examine the healthy population enhances understanding of the foundations of practice and the role that physical therapists can fill in primary care models.
- Tailored content reflects the specific needs of physical therapists in primary care.
- Emphasis on communication skills underscores this essential aspect of quality patient care.
- Overview of the physical examination is provided in the text to ground therapists in the basis for differential diagnosis and recognizing conditions.