Practical Periodontics, 2nd Edition
The second edition of this popular textbook provides a concise and easy-to-follow guide that will increase the confidence of students and clinicians alike in managing all aspects of periodontal care.
Practical Periodontics provides evidence-based information on the essentials of clinical periodontology, written by internationally renowned contributors in an accessible, practical style. It covers all aspects of the discipline, including the aetiology of periodontal diseases, clinical management, patient education, paediatric care, and the interaction of periodontology with other dental disciplines such as implant dentistry and orthodontics. This book will be invaluable to all undergraduate dentistry, hygiene and therapy students. It is also highly relevant for practising dentists, dental hygienists and therapists as a source of up-to-date, evidence-based information on periodontics.
- Supported by a wide range of online material, including video, case reports and revision questions
- Practical approach that brings learning to life
- Accessible style, chapter overviews, learning objectives and key points boxes to aid revision
- Full colour illustrations to demystify complex processes
- New chapter on implants
- Aligns with European Federation of Periodontology and British Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry guidelines for care and management of patients with periodontitis
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.