Practical General Practice, 7th Edition
Practical General Practice is a highly practical manual, specifically designed for use during the consultation process. Containing over 1000 conditions, the unique underlying structure of the book allows the GP to see immediately what treatment is recommended and why. All recommendations are highly specific - giving a firm guide to the GP during the consultation process rather than a list of possibilities that the GP might wish to consider.
It is thirty years since the first edition of this textbook was published. Since then there have been five editions, a wealth of new research and numerous new guidelines to improve the practice of evidence-based medicine. The seventh edition brings Practical General Practice right up to date with more robust guidance than has ever previously been possible.
New to this edition
- New editorial team
- New research and guidelines relating to evidence-based medicine included
- Greater focus on international guidelines and opinion
- New introductory chapter, Principles and Practice of Primary Care, taking account of topics relevant to the MRCGP exam
- Appendices thoroughly revised and updated
- Many contributors new to this edition
- New chapters on Ethics, Diabetes and Long-term conditions
- Extensively revised combined chapter on palliative care and end of life issues
- Now with accompanying free e-book on Expert Consult for the first time
- Now in full colour
- Bullet points for action which give the GP an immediate summary of the issues that must be covered in the consultation.
- Bullet points of the key evidence which justifies those recommendations.
- All chapters thoroughly revised, to reflect changes in the evidence, and in major guidelines, since the last edition.
- NNT values provided when available
- Appendices give the latest guidelines for management of various clinical conditions in general practice.