Physical Management for Neurological Conditions, 4th Edition
Following the success of the previous three editions, Physical Management for Neurological Conditions 4th edition remains the most up-to-date evidence-based textbook for undergraduate students in health professions and qualified therapists.
Written by an international team of clinicians and researchers, it is applicable to a number of healthcare systems, with a special focus on physiotherapy. New chapters have been added to cover both common and rare conditions, such as Hereditary Disorders, Functional Motor disorders and Neuromuscular diseases.
New to this edition
- Fully revised by international contributors with the inclusion of 8 new chapters covering:
- Common impairments
- Inherited neurological disorders
- Complex case management
- Virtual reality and interactive gaming technologies
- Comprehensive and handy reference on physical management and movement limitations, suitable to any health care context and environment
- Use of eclectic approach which focuses on selecting the appropriate evidence-based tools to assess and treat neurological conditions without subscribing to any specific treatment approaches
- International case studies are presented to provide worldwide scientific evidence