Pharmacology for Health Professionals, 6th Edition
If you are worried that studying pharmacology will be difficult to apply to clinical practice, Pharmacology for Health Professionals is the book for you. Written by experienced health professional educators, this textbook brings the study of drugs and medicines to life.
This title is considered the most authoritative text in Australia and New Zealand for nursing and allied health students, but it is also highly accessible. The use of easily flowing material, integration with physiology and pathophysiology, and focus on clinically relevant information clearly show how pharmacology concepts can be applied in practice.
Fully updated in its sixth edition, the book will help students master this complex and constantly changing area of their studies and is suitable for use in many undergraduate health professional courses including nursing, paramedicine, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, midwifery, speech pathology and general biomedical/health science programs.
- Focus on clinical application of pharmacology through review exercises, clinical focus boxes and prescribing considerations
- Critical thinking scenarios in each chapter reinforce pharmacological concepts and clinical application
- Humanoid models illustrate pharmacological or adverse effects of drugs
- Contextualised for Australian and New Zealand students
- Includes life span/gender/cultural considerations where relevant
- Comprehensive Drugs at a Glance table in each chapter