Petty's Principles of Musculoskeletal Treatment and Management, 4th Edition
Petty's Principles of Musculoskeletal Treatment and Management provides an up-to-date, evidence-based and person-centred guide to musculoskeletal practice.
Edited by leading experts Kieran Barnard and Dionne Ryder, with contributions by highly regarded physiotherapists from across the UK, it provides a comprehensive overview of the principles underpinning physiotherapy for musculoskeletal conditions. It covers basic principles for treating muscles, nerves and joints, as well as anatomy and physiology, clinical reasoning and rehabilitation skills.
This book is a companion to Petty’s Musculoskeletal Examination and Assessment, and together both volumes cover everything students need to know to examine, assess and treat patients.
New to this edition
- New chapters on serious pathology, vascular presentations and advancing clinical practice
- Expanded content on patient management
- Chapter summary podcasts
- New learning outcomes and reflective exercises throughout
- Packed with reflective exercises, illustrations and case studies to bring learning to life
- Written with students in mind – easy to follow and understand
- Drawings and photographs to visually enhance descriptions in the text