Payne's Handbook of Relaxation Techniques, 5th Edition
The new edition of this highly regarded text will help you understand and apply the most appropriate psychological interventions and relaxation techniques for people experiencing anxiety, depression and psychological distress.
Easy to follow for healthcare professionals, students and the general public across a variety of settings. The text provides evidence-based techniques for addressing the person’s needs in a personalised manner, thereby achieving better outcomes. The range of strategies covered includes talking therapies, breathing techniques, mindfulness and physical activities.
The text has been edited by Dr Caroline Belchamber to incorporate a new section on application in practice, which covers COVID-19, long-term conditions, palliative, supportive and end of life care.
- Comprehensive and easy to follow toolkit
- Relaxation techniques organised into somatic and cognitive approaches
- Application to practice
- Learning outcomes, key points, reflective activities and case studies in each chapter
- Easy scripts to follow with step by step guidance
- Three new chapters on COVID-19, palliative, supportive and end-of-life care, and long-term conditions
- Fully updated references and evidence-base