Opie's Cardiovascular Drugs: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 9th Edition
- Uses a new, consistent format for each drug class: overview and guidelines for use, mechanisms of action, differences among drugs in class, data for use, side effects, and drug interactions.
- Covers key topics such as new ESC and NLA guidelines, advances in lipid-lowering therapy, new diabetes drugs that improve cardiovascular outcomes, obesity drugs and cardiovascular and metabolic effects, drugs targeting inflammation, and combinations of antithrombotic therapies with analysis of risk-benefit.
- Provides guidance on how to effectively manage comorbid diseases.
- Contains dozens of unique “Opiegram diagrams that demystify complex mechanisms of action and other drug processes—many updated to reflect current pathologic understanding of mechanisms.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices