Occupational Therapy with Older Adults, 5th Edition
Gain the focused foundation needed to successfully work with older adults. Occupational Therapy with Older Adults: Strategies for the OTA, 5th Edition is the only comprehensive book on occupational therapy with older adults designed specifically for the occupational therapy assistant. It provides in-depth coverage of each aspect of geriatric practice — from wellness and prevention to managing chronic conditions. Expert authors Helene Lohman, Amy Shaffer, and Patricia Watford offer an unmatched discussion of diverse populations and the latest on geriatric policies and procedures in this fast-growing area of practice.
New to this edition
- NEW! An ebook version is included with print purchase and allows access to all the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
- NEW! Evidence Nuggets sections highlight the latest research to inform practice.
- NEW! Tech Talk feature in many chapters examines the latest technology resources.
- Revised content throughout provides the most current information needed to be an effective practitioner.
- Updated references ensure the content is current and applicable for today’s practice.
- UNIQUE! Focused coverage emphasizes the importance of the role of an OTA in providing care for older adults.
- UNIQUE! Coverage of diverse populations, including cultural and gender diversity, prepares OTAs to work with older adults using cultural sensitivity.
- UNIQUE! Critical topic discussions examine concepts such as telehealth, wellness, and health literacy.
- Interdisciplinary approach highlights the importance of collaboration between the OT and the OTA, specifically demonstrating how an OTA should work with an OT in caring for older adults.
- Case studies at the end of chapters help to prepare for situations encountered in practice.