Nursing Care Plans, 10th Edition
Get everything you need to create and customize effective nursing care plans, now with evidence-based ICNP® diagnoses! Covering the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems, Gulanick & Myers’ Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 10th Edition features more than 200 care plans, each reflecting the latest evidence-based guidelines and national and international treatment protocols. It also features highlighted QSEN competencies and a clear differentiation of nursing and collaborative interventions. New to this edition are ICNP® diagnoses, care plans on LGBTQ health issues and on electrolytes and acid-base balance, and a new Online Care Planner that makes it easier than ever to customize care plans. Written by noted educators Meg Gulanick and Judith L. Myers, this #1 care planning book will help you learn to think like a nurse!
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated care plans are now based on the evidence-based, complete, and internationally accepted International Classification of Nursing Practice (ICNP®) nursing diagnoses.
- NEW! 19 all-new care plans are featured in this edition.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the most current evidence-based practice and national and international guidelines.
- NEW! Online Care Planner on the Evolve website allows you to easily generate customized care plans based on the book’s content.
- NEW! Improved focus on core content includes several care plans that have been moved from the book’s Evolve website.
- 61 patient problem care plans include the most common/important patient problems, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans.
- 164 disorder care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Patient problem care plan format includes a definition/explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Disorder care plan format covers synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a definition, common related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Prioritized care planning guidance internally organizes care plans from "actual" to "risk" diagnoses, from general to specific interventions, and from independent to collaborative/interprofessional interventions, to help you select the most important, priority interventions for your particular patients.