Nursing Care of Children - Binder Ready, 4th Edition
Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, you can personalize the text to match your unique study needs!
Master the art of caring for children with most effective, efficient, and affordable title on pediatric nursing care. Taking on a family focus, this student-friendly text teaches growth, development, and information on the major body system alterations. Plus, dramatically streamlined content and new learning tools make this new edition even more tailored to your learning needs.
New to this edition
- Safety Alert boxes highlight patient safety as part of the QSEN initiative for better outcomes of nursing care.
- Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes (formerly Using Research to Improve Practice) assist you in determining best practices in your future care of children.
- Patient-Centered Care boxes guide you in teaching the parents and child about self-care in the home and follow-up care in community-based health care settings.
- Streamlined Nursing Care Plans have been reformatted to make them easier to read and use.
- Updated photos throughout the book keep the text up-to-date and visually appealing.
- Key concepts are highlighted in the book and their definitions are provided in a glossary.
- Expert reviews of chapter content ensure all chapters include current practices, terms, and updated information.
- Health Promotion boxes summarize information from the American Academy of Pediatrics to teach you how to perform a comprehensive assessment of well infants and children at various ages.
- Illustrated Procedure boxes include step-by-step instructions for common nursing tasks.
- Pathophysiology boxes explain changes in physiology that occur in a variety of diseases and disorders in children.
- Nursing process highlighted in nursing care plans and in-text discussions.
- Clinical Reference pages provide students with easy-to-find reference sections, including basic anatomy and physiology, pediatric differences, related laboratory and diagnostic tests, and commonly prescribed medications.