Nurse Anesthesia, 7th Edition
Gain the knowledge and skills you need for clinical anesthesia practice! Written specifically for nurse anesthetists, Nurse Anesthesia, 7th Edition provides a solid foundation in scientific principles and evidence-based practice. Coverage includes a review of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, drug receptor concepts, intravenous agents, neuromuscular blocking agents, and more, followed by a discussion of anesthesia equipment and clinical monitoring, preoperative preparation of the patient, and the use of anesthesia for a variety of surgical procedures. From a team of expert authors led by Sass Elisha, Jeremy S. Heiner, and John J. Nagelhout, this text helps you prepare for certification and also provides a key reference for CRNAs to use in daily practice.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest changes in the industry.
- NEW! Two new chapters include Crisis Resource Management and Patient Safety and Infection Control and Prevention.
- Updated information on pharmacology includes pharmacokinetics, drug delivery systems, opiate antagonists, and key induction drugs.
- Interactions with other anesthetic agents are integrated where appropriate, along with other important considerations.
- Overview of basic science provides a thorough basis for understanding nurse anesthesia.
- Information on Joint Commission (TJC) standards covers monitoring and administering moderate sedation/analgesia, also adding coverage of patient safety, monitoring, and pharmacology.
- More than 800 full-color photos and illustrations depict anatomy, procedures, concepts, and equipment.
- Logical organization of the text covers basic principles first, and builds on those with individual chapters for each surgical specialty.
- More than 800 tables and boxes summarize essential information in a quick, easy-to-reference format.
- UNIQUE! Expert CRNA authors provide the most up-to-date clinical information for CRNAs to use in daily practice.
- Handy references make it quick and easy to find the latest and most important research in the field.