Newman and Carranza's Essentials of Clinical Periodontology, 1st Edition
Prepare for success on the board exam with this concise, case-based review! Newman and Carranza's Essentials of Clinical Periodontology – An Integrated Study Companion provides core information on periodontology and implant dentistry in a format that reflects the current, case-based U.S. National Board Dental Examination. Each chapter ends with a case-based exercise, allowing you to apply your knowledge to the practice setting. Like the well-known Newman and Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology textbook, it covers everything from basic science and fundamental procedures to advanced techniques in reconstructive, esthetic, and implant therapy — but with a focus on need-to-know content. Written by periodontology experts Michael Newman, Irina Dragan, Satheesh Elangovan, and Archana Karan, this illustrated study guide includes both a print book and a fully searchable Expert Consult eBook.
- Fast Facts include important, exam-oriented, take-home messages as points from the corresponding chapters of Newman and Carranza's Clinical Periodontology, 13th Edition.
- Clinical Tips highlight concepts with direct clinical correlations, also from the corresponding chapters of Newman and Carranza's Clinical Periodontology, 13th Edition.
- Clinical Problem Solving includes one case-based learning exercise per chapter as well as questions and solutions with explanations.
- Basic science and background information explains clinical correlations.
- Fully searchable text on Expert Consult website includes additional resources such as interactive quizzing and group work questions.