Neuropsychology offers a broad introduction to neuropsychology, functional neuroanatomy, neuropathology, clinical assessment, and the behavioural sequelae associated with neurological disturbance. It provides understanding of the common neurological disorders and enables informed choices in care. Important insight into differential diagnosis is given, as well as help to extend and support the health care role through an introduction to basic bed-side assessment techniques and their interpretation. It provides knowledge to assist health professionals in empowering patients in their recovery or rehabilitation and is an essential workplace manual.
- Specifically targets nurses using their vocabulary and works from their perspective
- Seeks to bridge the theory-practice gap and gives detailed clinical applications
- Contains enough information to allow the reader to transfer skills learnt into the workplace, culminating in the possibility of carrying out simple bedside screen
- Provides possible assessment and treatment approaches
- A ‘one-stop' working resource book for this field
- Covers a potentially complex subject in a logical and clinically relevant format
By Chris Green, Neuropsychologist, Clinical Psychology Department, North Devon District Hospital, UK