Mosby's Pocket Guide to Pediatric Assessment, 5th Edition
New to this edition
- Extensively revised to reflect trends in pediatric nursing, up-to-date techniques, and current literature.
- A new chapter on assessment of mental health addresses growing areas of concern including school phobia, ADHD, depression, suicide, anxiety, and schizophrenia.
- New tables provide quick reference to common childhood symptoms (i.e., fever, diarrhea, vomiting).
- Updated coverage of immunizations (U.S. and Canada) includes information regarding relevance and normal timing of immunizations as well as most current published tables.
- Nursing diagnoses have been updated throughout.
- Concise, portable size makes this book very handy for use in clinical settings.
- Presents content in an outline format for clinical practicality.
- Includes both psychosocial and physical aspects of assessment within a developmental framework.
- Body system organization facilitates retrieval of information.
- Highlighted clinical alerts call attention to potentially serious findings.
- Up-to-date growth charts are provided for birth through age 18.