Mosby's Pocket Guide to Cultural Health Assessment, 4th Edition
New to this edition
- A streamlined and concise format with thumb tabs dividing each section makes this pocket guide the perfect quick reference tool.
- Thoroughly updated content includes new country names and their demographics, patient data, health care practices, and other cultural implications that affect care of today’s culturally diverse patient population.
- New international contributors bring together a wealth of information on the specifics of care for patients from over 170 countries.
- Includes more historical and political information for each country to provide current background information.
- Increased emphasis on how a population appears in the worldview and how their religion affect decision-making gives you a fuller perspective on each country’s culture.
- More information on naturalistic healing and practices helps you treat patients from a variety of backgrounds.
- Alphabetically organized by country with all sections presented consistently to give you quick access to important cultural information.
- Presents comprehensive content on all cultural aspects that affect patient assessment.
- Includes brief descriptions of each country’s topography and provides maps to illustrate potential environmental etiologies of an illness.
- Updated international childhood immunization schedules and the latest information from the World Health Organization provide the most up-to-date healthcare standards from around the world.
- Extensive bibliographies give you resources for further information.