Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants, 7th Edition
Master the role and responsibilities of today’s nursing assistant! Mosby's Essentials for Nursing Assistants, 7th Edition provides concise, easy-to-understand guidelines for the skills performed by nursing assistants. Step-by-step procedures are included for more than 75 key procedures, and patient scenarios help you apply your knowledge and develop critical thinking skills. A primary focus is the importance of treating residents with respect while providing safe, competent, and efficient care. And with OBRA-mandated coverage of the concepts and skills you need to master, you will prepare for success on state certification exams!
New to this edition
- NEW! Streamlined chapter organization includes shorter, more focused chapters.
- NEW! Enhanced art program includes updated photos and illustrations.
- Clear, easy-to-read style is supplemented with hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations.
- More than 75 step-by-step procedures are divided into pre-procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections for easier learning.
- Focus on PRIDE boxes emphasize personal and professional responsibility, rights and respect, independence and social interaction, delegation and teamwork, and ethics and laws, helping you promote dignity and pride in the person being cared for, his or her family, and yourself.
- Focus on Practice: Problem Solving present patient scenarios to enhance critical thinking skills, and allow you to apply concepts to practice.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes detail measures and cautions for providing safe, effective patient care.
- Focus on Older Persons boxes provide guidance on the special needs of older persons, including those with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Focus on Communication boxes provide guidelines for communicating clearly with residents, visitors, and the nursing team.
- Caring About Culture boxes help in providing care that is sensitive to the beliefs and customs of diverse cultures.
- Delegation Guidelines identify the nursing assistant’s specific responsibilities in accepting commonly delegated tasks.
- Focus on Surveys feature highlights the nursing assistant’s role during state inspections.
- NATCEP (Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program) icons shown in the title bar of procedures indicate the skills covered most often on certification exams.
- Review questions in each chapter cover what you have learned, and are useful in studying for a test or for the competency evaluation.
- Key terms and abbreviations are included at the beginning of each chapter, with a comprehensive glossary at the back of the book.