Mechanical Ventilation, 2nd Edition
New to this edition
- Chapter Objectives, Key Point Summaries, and Assessment Questions reinforce basic concepts from each chapter.
- New chapter on Unique Patient Populations highlights the mechanical ventilation issues of traumatic brain injury, neuromuscular disease, lung transplantation, burn injury, and perioperative patient populations.
- Expanded glossary includes relevant terminology and key terms to help you easily find unfamiliar terminology.
- Detailed, clinically focused coverage of the application of mechanical ventilation to the most common respiratory diseases, provides practical answers to real life problems.
- UNIQUE! Sections of chapters on Special Techniques and Future Therapies include information on the newest techniques for treating patients in respiratory distress.
- A separate appendix of case studies helps you apply what you’ve learned to realistic situations.
- Well-known and respected authors, Neil MacIntyre and Rich Branson, share their vast expertise and accurate, cutting-edge information.