McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management, International Edition, 4th Edition
McRae’s Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management is the essential, best-selling ‘survival guide’ for the orthopaedic surgeon, trainee, resident or practitioner treating injured patients in the Emergency or Orthopaedic Department.
This fourth edition has been extensively updated and rewritten, retaining the essence and underlying principles of McRae’s original book, but with new text and illustrations to ensure it remains at the cutting edge.
This highly regarded book is a companion to McRae’s Elective Orthopaedics, and together these titles provide complete coverage of orthopaedic surgery as relevant to contemporary practice.
New to this edition
- New section on theatre preparation and set-up, introducing TULIPS, and helping to manage and prepare for the trauma list
- New chapter on running an efficient practice
- Comprehensive coverage of the full range of orthopaedic trauma presentations in the Emergency Department, operating theatre, and outpatient clinic
- Clear step-by-step illustrations and text guide you through the relevant anatomy, examination, and investigations before you see the patient
- More than 500 illustrations and 250 x-rays
- Practical procedures, including fracture and joint reduction and immobilisation, explained step-by-step
- Careful descriptions of the principals of trauma surgery and individual surgical procedures provide excellent preparation for the trauma meeting and operating theatre
- Covers postoperative care, complications and follow-up, providing a framework for your fracture clinic