McRae’s Elective Orthopaedics, 7th Edition
This new must-have text is a companion to McRae's Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management, extending this much-loved family of reference guides to cover the entire range of modern orthopaedic trauma and elective practice.
McRae’s Elective Orthopaedics is both an examination manual and a text on orthopaedic pathology. It offers a unique combination of subject matter and instructive illustrations in the tradition original author, Ronald McRae, to convey economically and effectively essential information for examination and management of the orthopaedic patient.
This book is organised into two parts. The first covers the relevant applied clinical sciences, and the second adopts a regional approach to the description of individual diseases and their non-operative or operative management. It is suitable for junior orthopaedic surgical trainees as well as other health professionals who encounter patients with musculoskeletal illnesses.
- Internationally respected textbook that provides in-depth knowledge across a breadth of conditions
- More than 140 new illustrations present essential information in a unique ‘picture book’ style
- Concise and accessible – perfect for orthopaedic surgical trainees
- Practical tips, clinical examination pearls and surgical techniques – ideal for use on the wards
- Learning enhanced with anatomical illustrations, diagrams, radiographic imaging and clinical photos, accompanied by descriptions of the background to each condition
- Updated to include modern investigation and management