McDonald and Avery's Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 11th Edition
Get the expert knowledge you need to provide quality oral care to pediatric patients! Trusted for more than 50 years, McDonald and Avery's Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent, 11th Edition provides the latest diagnostic and treatment recommendations for infants, children, and adolescents. It covers topics ranging from pediatric examination and radiographic techniques to development and morphology of the primary teeth, dental caries, dental materials, and local anesthesia. Another point of emphasis is the management of patients with special medical issues. On the Expert Consult website, you’ll find a fully searchable version of the entire text along with case studies and step-by-step procedure videos. From internationally known educator Jeffrey A. Dean, this resource provides everything you need to prepare for board certification and succeed in clinical practice.
New to this edition
- NEW! Updated content includes a new section on sleep apnea, plus COVID-19 in children, pain management, dental bleaching, a minimalist approach to restorative dentistry, the latest dental materials, new pulp recommendations, community dentistry, patient-centered care, preventive orthodontic treatment, the use of silver diamine fluoride, and vaping with its oral implications.
- NEW! Additional patient cases and questions are included in the book and website.
- NEW! Procedure videos plus updates of existing videos are added to the Expert Consult website.
- NEW authors contribute updated and unique chapters throughout the book.
- Comprehensive coverage of pediatric dentistry includes the treatment of deep caries, prosthodontics, occlusion, trauma, gingivitis and periodontal disease, cleft lip and palate, facial esthetics, and medically compromised patients.
- More than 1,000 illustrations show oral structures and conditions along with dental procedures.
- Five major areas of focus help you organize your thinking and practice around key clinical concepts: diagnoses, caries and periodontology, pain control, oral growth and development, and management of special medical issues.
- Expert Consult website includes fully searchable access to the text, plus videos and case studies.
- Diverse and respected team of authors contribute chapters on their areas of expertise.
- Global readership includes translations of the text into seven different languages.