Manual of Surgical Pathology, 4th Edition
Offering complete, practical guidance on the evaluation of the surgical pathology specimen, the Manual of Surgical Pathology concentrates decades of experience from the faculty and staff of one of the busiest and most respected pathology departments in the world. From a specimen’s arrival in the department to preparation of the final report, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on specimen processing, tissue handling, gross dissection technique, histological examination, application of special stains, development of a differential diagnosis, and more. The fully revised 4th Edition is an invaluable reference for practicing pathologists, residents, and pathology assistants as a practical, everyday resource for learning and applying optimal specimen evaluation as well as an excellent guide for board review.
- Helps you find information quickly with a user-friendly design, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and bulleted material throughout the text.
- Reflects the latest AJCC staging information, as well as updates throughout on reporting procedures, protocols, and safety.
- Offers detailed instructions on the dissection, description, and sampling of specimens, and explains the application of pathology reports to patient management.
- Provides procedures for new types of specimens including pulmonary image guided resections, endoscopic mucosal resection, endoscopic submucosal dissection, laparoscopic hysterectomy, or nephrectomy morcellation, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and evaluation of breast implant capsules with a clinical suspicion of lymphoma
- Features dozens of illustrations that demonstrate the gross appearance of common pathologic lesions, and more than 150 tables that examine the interpretation of histochemical stains, immunohistochemical studies, electron microscopy findings, cytogenetic changes, and much more.
- Examines the specimens from every organ and system as well as bullets, medical devices, and foreign materials.
- Includes a new chapter on occupational hazards for pathologists ranging from visual and musculoskeletal problems to exposure and prevention of workplace acquired infection and cancer.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.