Be ready with specific evidence when you present patient plans during medical rounds! Concise and easy to use, Introduction to Evidence-Based Medicine: Key Summaries for Common Medical Practices simplifies the complexity of clinical studies using key landmark trials in the core medicine specialties. Ideal for those early in their medical education and career, this portable guide helps you make the most of your limited time by introducing and explaining classic studies, preparing you to seek out and quickly digest future evidence-based medicine information.
- Highlights the landmark trials that have driven the evolution in medical practice, focusing on the critical information necessary to know about the study.
- Organizes evidence by disease and further by diagnostic or therapeutic intervention.
- Includes key takeaways and important notes from trials.
- Indicates which studies are new or controversial to help you develop an informed perspective.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Bliss J. Chang, MD, Resident, Internal Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY and Timothy F. Fernandez, MD, Cardiology Fellow,Emory University