Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 10th Edition
Emphasizing safe and effective drug administration, Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 10th Edition, helps you understand the principles of pharmacology and prevent medication errors. It promotes safety by showing how drugs and drug classes work, so you can understand why drugs are given, as well as the adverse effects and drug interactions that may occur. A thorough nursing process section with each drug class outlines the nurse’s role when administering drugs. The updated Get Ready for the Next Generation NCLEX® Examination! feature offers case studies with Next Generation NCLEX-format questions to help you prepare for the new licensure examination.
New to this edition
- NEW! Get Ready for the Next Generation NCLEX® Examination! section includes key points, review questions, and case studies with Next Generation NCLEX-format questions to prepare students for the new licensure examination.
- NEW! Reorganized chapters break up lengthy content and more logically present pharmacological content by body system or major disorder.
- UPDATED! Coverage of newly approved and updated pharmaceutical treatments and drugs prepares students for practice.
- Ideal scope of content and readability for LPN/LVN programs includes basic, need-to-know pharmacology content.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight important nursing considerations for safe medication administration and monitoring.
- Lifespan Considerations boxes for children and older adults draw attention to information that would be especially important when giving a specific drug to patients of those age groups.
- A focus on understanding drug classes helps students understand the actions and uses of drug classes and provides a framework for safe, effective practice as new drugs are introduced to the market.
- Video clips on medication administration procedures provide students with a visual reference for safe medication administration.
- Key terms with phonetic pronunciations and text page references help improve students’ terminology and language skills before they enter clinical practice.
- Essential content is highlighted throughout the text, as in all of Elsevier’s LPN Threads textbooks, with features such as Top Tips for Safety, Memory Joggers, and Lifespan Considerations boxes.