Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-PN® Exam, 9th Edition
Who says studying has to be boring? The Illustrated Study Guide for the NCLEX-PN® Exam, 9th Edition uses colorful drawings and mnemonic cartoons to bring difficult concepts to life and help you recall the content you need to know to excel on the NCLEX-PN examination. Written in a concise and visually appealing outline format, this book makes learning and studying easier and more fun. The companion Evolve website includes more than 2,000 NCLEX exam-style review questions, including alternate item and Next Generation NCLEX® formats, and allows you to personalize your study by creating practice exams, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and reviewing answers and rationales.
- Testing Strategies for the NCLEX-PN Examination chapter addresses the challenges of the Next Generation NCLEX® and provides targeted strategies for success.
- UNIQUE! Mnemonic cartoons provide a fun, easy way to review and remember key nursing concepts and disease processes.
- More than 2,000 review questions on the companion Evolve website are available in both study and quiz modes and separated by content area, allowing customized review based on personal study needs.
- Examples of Next Generation NCLEX-style questions on the companion Evolve website familiarize you with these new types of questions.
- Answers and rationales are provided for all review questions.
- Test Alert! boxes highlight key concepts frequently found on the NCLEX examination.
- Alternate item format questions on the companion Evolve website prepare you for these question types on the NCLEX examination.
- UNIQUE! Appendixes for each chapter summarize medications and nursing procedures for quick reference.
- Nursing Priority boxes make it easier to distinguish priorities of nursing care.
- Pharmacology tables make key drug information easy to find, with high-alert medications noted by a special icon.
- Special icons distinguish pediatric and adult disorders and identify content on self-care and home care.
- A separate chapter on pharmacology and medication administration helps you focus on this area of emphasis on the NCLEX examination.