Hutchison's Clinical Methods, 25th Edition
Sir Robert Hutchison first published his textbook on Clinical Methods in 1897 and this latest edition maintains its reputation as the go-to guide to learn the core skills every clinician needs in their everyday practice.
Medical students and doctors in training will find essential guidance to taking a full history, examining a patient and interpreting the findings. They will learn the art of understanding, contextualising, communicating and explaining, with the doctor-patient relationship firmly at the centre of their practice. These skills remain essential for every doctor, in addition to modern investigative methods.
The book covers basic principles, different patient groups and all the main body systems. Each chapter includes relevant clinical methods and offers guidance for appropriate investigations. New methods and investigations are incorporated into established patterns of clinical practice to offer a fully integrated approach.
This award-winning textbook remains as relevant today as ever and will be treasured by doctors at all levels of training and practice as an outstanding source of learning and reference.
- All chapters carefully reviewed and updated to reflect modern practice
- Written by experts in their field and reviewed by an International Advisory Board – content is relevant to a wide international readership including in the Indian sub-continent, the Middle East and Africa
- Covers all the main body systems, including the core areas of respiratory, cardiological, gastrointestinal, neurological and locomotor systems
- Text organised by system and problem to aid navigation
- Chapters can be read individually, to avoid duplication and need for cross-referencing
- Tabulated information and diagrams for clarity and conciseness
- Tailored to student needs but suitable for doctors at all levels of training and practice
- Winner of multiple awards, including the BMA book awards
- New appendix describing the clinical features of COVID-19
- Includes the complete, downloadable eBook for easy access on your mobile device, anytime, anywhere