Human Movement & Biomechanics, 7th Edition
Now in its seventh edition, this reputable textbook is an ideal introduction to the study of human
movement and an excellent reference encouraging and directing further study.
For the first time there is a chapter dedicated to measuring and understanding physical activity,
recognising the importance of this area to many health and sports professionals. More time is spent
explaining the basic principles of biomechanics and the way they can be used to improve practice,
including tissue mechanics and movement analysis techniques.
An Introduction to Human Movement and Biomechanics is the perfect guide for students and
professionals all around the world to consolidate learning and apply to real clinical/sports situation.
Information is given in a clear and accessible way, with case studies, illustrations, textboxes
and practical examples.
New to this edition
• A chapter on physical (in)activity.
• More chapters explaining basic biomechanics and its application to understanding
• A new section dedicated to measuring human movement including movement
• A whole chapter of case studies with real patient and athlete data
• Scientific theory related to re-learning movement and movement control.
• Problems posed to help students work through the theory and apply it to
• Written by well-known and multi-disciplinary researchers with extensive
experience in the field
It includes access to the Evolve online resources:
• Log on to evolve.elsevier.com/Kerr/movement/ and test out your learning
• Case studies, including videoclips and animations
• Hundreds of self-assessment questions