Handbook of Emergency Psychiatry, 1st Edition
- Organizes information by patient presentation to help you distinguish among conditions that present with similar symptoms.
- Discusses medical conditions presenting with psychiatric symptoms, where appropriate.
- Highlights critical information in "Hazard Signs" boxes for quick, at-a-glance review.
- Uses acronyms and memory aids to enhance recall of information in moments of crisis.
- Features a chapter discussing the psychiatric effects of bioterrorism.
- Offers an Improved Suicide Risk Scale with criteria on impulsivity, plan, and lethal level of attempt.
- Provides valuable tips on interviewing and interacting with patients in various situations, as techniques will vary from depressed suicidal patients to manic and potentially assaultive individuals.
- Includes appendixes that discuss common psychiatric medications used and important lab values in the ER.