Handbook of Anesthesia, 5th Edition
"...The jobbing anaesthetist can open it at any page, and find something of interest"Reviewed by: C. J. R. Parker on behalf of the British Journal of Anaesthesia, Nov 2014
New to this edition
- UPDATED disease information includes the latest treatment and anesthetic considerations.
- NEW drug information includes interactions and effects of key new drugs with common anesthetic agents.
- NEW surgical procedures include up-to-date information on new minimally invasive and laparoscopic procedures.
- NEW appendices include drug, laboratory, and pediatric tables for easy reference.
- Convenient, quick-reference format is organized into three parts: common diseases, common procedures, and drugs.
- Disease monographs include definition, incidence and prevalence, pathophysiology, laboratory results, clinical manifestations, treatment, anesthetic considerations, and prognosis.
- Monographs of surgical procedures include a brief description, preoperative assessments (including health history, physical assessment, and patient preparation), anesthetic technique, perioperative management, and postoperative implications.
- Drug monographs include generic names, trade names, indications, anesthetic considerations, pharmacokinetics, dosages, and adverse effects.
- Expert CRNA authors provide the current clinical information you’ll use in daily practice.