Guccione's Geriatric Physical Therapy, 4th Edition
Offering a comprehensive look at physical therapy science and practice, Guccione’s Geriatric Physical Therapy, 4th Edition is a perfect resource for both students and practitioners alike. Year after year, this text is recommended as the primary preparatory resource for the Geriatric Physical Therapy Specialization exam. And this new fourth edition only gets better. Content is thoroughly revised to keep you up to date on the latest geriatric physical therapy protocols and conditions. Five new chapters are added to this edition to help you learn how to better manage common orthopedic, cardiopulmonary, and neurologic conditions; become familiar with functional outcomes and assessments; and better understand the psychosocial aspects of aging. In all, you can rely on Guccione’s Geriatric Physical Therapy to help you effectively care for today’s aging patient population.
New to this edition
- NEW! Thoroughly revised and updated content across all chapters keeps students up to date with the latest geriatric physical therapy protocols and conditions.
- NEW! References located at the end of each chapter point students toward credible external sources for further information.
- NEW! Treatment chapters guide students in managing common conditions in orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, and neurology.
- NEW! Chapter on functional outcomes and assessment lists relevant scores for the most frequently used tests.
- NEW! Chapter on psychosocial aspects of aging provides a well-rounded view of the social and mental conditions commonly affecting geriatric patients.
- NEW! Chapter on frailty covers a wide variety of interventions to optimize treatment.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook version is included with print purchase, allowing students to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Comprehensive coverage of geriatric physical therapy prepares students and clinicians to provide thoughtful, evidence-based care for aging patients.
- Combination of foundational knowledge and clinically relevant information provides a meaningful background in how to effectively manage geriatric disorders
- Updated information reflects the most recent and relevant information on the Geriatric Clinical Specialty Exam.
- Standard APTA terminology prepares students for terms they will hear in practice.
- Expert authorship ensures all information is authoritative, current, and clinically accurate.