Functional Occlusion, 1st Edition
- Special atlas sections break down complex information accompanied by descriptive diagrams and photographs to further explain sources of occlusal disorders and related pain.
- Hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations show problems and procedures.
- Procedure boxes offer step-by-step explanations of specific procedures.
- Important Considerations boxes in the Treatment chapters outline treatment plans and describe what is to be accomplished.
- Programmed treatment planning, a specific process that guides a clinician through every step for solving even the most complex restorative or esthetic challenge.
- The role of TMJs and occlusion in "everyday" dentistry.
- The role of occlusion in orofacial pain and TMD, and in anterior esthetics.
- Simplified occlusal equilibration and how to explain this process to patients.
- The functional matrix concept for exceptional, foolproof smile design.
- The five options for occlusal correction and how to apply them to practice.
- Use and abuse of occlusal sprints.
- Coordinating occlusal treatment with specialists for a fully interdisciplinary approach.
- Specific criteria for success and how to test for each.