Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing - Binder Ready, 6th Edition
Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, students can personalize the text to match their unique needs!
Master the essentials of health promotion in community and public health nursing! Foundations for Population Health in Community/Public Health Nursing, 6th Edition provides clear, concise coverage of the nurse’s role in preventing disease, promoting health, and providing health education in community settings. Case studies and critical thinking activities make it easier to apply concepts to community nursing practice. New to this edition are Healthy People 2030 guidelines and coverage of the latest issues, trends, and approaches. Written by well-known nursing educators Marcia Stanhope and Jeanette Lancaster, this streamlined text covers the fundamentals of designing effective nursing strategies for vulnerable and special populations.
New to this edition
- NEW ! COVID-19 pandemic information has been added.
- NEW! Healthy People 2030 objectives are highlighted throughout the book, addressing the health priorities and emerging health issues expected in the next decade.
- NEW! Updated content and figures reflect the most current data, issues, trends, and practices.
- NEW! Expanded Check Your Practice boxes use Clinical Judgment (Next Generation NCLEX®) steps to guide your thinking about practice scenarios.
- Focus on health promotion throughout the text emphasizes initiatives, strategies, and interventions that promote the health of the community.
- QSEN boxes illustrate how quality and safety goals, competencies, objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes can be applied in nursing practice in the community.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels, reinforcing the concept of prevention as it relates to community and public health care.
- Applying Content to Practice boxes highlight how chapter content is applied to nursing practice in the community.
- Practice Application scenarios present practice situations with questions and answers to help you apply concepts to community practice.
- Genomics coverage provides a history of genetics and genomics and how they impact public/community health nursing care.
- Coverage of ongoing health care reform issues includes the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) on public health nursing.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research findings, their application to practice, and how community/public health nurses can apply the study results.