Essentials of Nutrition in Medicine and Healthcare, 1st Edition
Good nutrition is essential for health and the treatment of disease. This new handbook aims to provide students, doctors and healthcare professionals with essential information to apply medical nutrition theory in their everyday practice.
Essentials of Nutrition in Medicine and Healthcare: A Practical Guide takes a systems-based approach to medical nutrition. It includes the pathophysiology of nutrition-related disease as well as the clinical application of nutrition theory in disease management and the role of nutrition in public health. It covers the basics of physiology and biochemistry, including relevant drug-nutrient interactions.
This will be an invaluable asset for all those not already trained in clinical and public health nutrition who wish to understand more about nutrition and its role in the management and prevention of disease.
- Practical and easy to understand
- Provides a sound explanation of underlying principles
- Summarises clinically important nutritional approaches to disease management
- Covers cutting edge topics in public health
- Summary boxes of relevant drug-nutrient interactions
- Case studies and self-test questions to encourage learning
- Aligns with Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine
- An enhanced eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud