Early’s Physical Dysfunction Practice Skills for the Occupational Therapy Assistant, 4th Edition
Master the role and skills of the OTA in caring for adults with physical disabilities! Early’s Physical Dysfunction Practice Skills for the Occupational Therapy Assistant, 4th Edition is the only textbook on the rehabilitation process written specifically for OTA students and practitioners. It takes a client-centered approach, following the latest Occupational Therapy Practice Framework in addressing topics such as assessment, intervention principles, and clinical applications. New to this edition is an Intervention Principles for Feeding and Eating chapter plus the latest advances in OT technology. From a team of expert contributors led by Mary Elizabeth Patnaude, this book shows how you can succeed in the OTA role and help clients learn to perform functional tasks.
New to this edition
- NEW! Intervention Principles for Feeding and Eating chapter is added to this edition.
- NEW! Reorganization of all chapters aligns content more closely with the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.
- NEW! Combined chapters make the material more concise and easier to navigate.
- Coverage of advances in OT assessment and intervention includes prosthetics and assistive technologies, along with the assessment and interventions of TBI (traumatic brain injury) problems related to cognitive and visual perception.
- Case studies offer snapshots of real-life situations and solutions, with many cases threaded through an entire chapter.
- Client-centered approach shows how to include the client when making decisions about planning and treatment, using the terminology and abbreviations from the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.
- Evidence-based content includes clinical trials and outcome studies, especially those relating to intervention.
- Cultural diversity and cultural sensitivity information helps you understand the beliefs and customs of other cultures so you can provide appropriate care.
- Information on prevention addresses safety and the prevention of accidents and injury.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, and chapter objectives introduce the essential information in each chapter.
- Reading guide questions and summaries in each chapter make it easier to measure your comprehension of the material.